We are often asked the question “How can I get fair skin?” There are several popular ways to regain the fair skin you had as a child, it can be done simply enough if you take the necessary precautions and avoid some of the potentially harmful techniques that can damage your skin.
As we age, our skin naturally produces darkening pigments in response to sun exposure. When we are young and our skin is undamaged & supple, bronze skin can be desirable and beautiful. But overexposure that causes sunburn can create undesirable pigmentation over time. Some of the most popular and surprisingly effective natural ingredients include:
- Lemon Juice
- Vitamin C
- Cucumber juice
- Grapefruit juice
- Orange Juice
- Lime Juice
These ingredients are natural exfoliants which remove old skin cells and stimulate new growth and are also potent antioxidents that protect the skin from oxidation. A mixture of these combined with several teaspoons of salt & sugar and applied to your thoroughly cleansed face & neck every day for two to three months can have a significant brightening & protective effect on your skin. This mixture can be surprisingly effective over time. You may speed up the process if you leave the mixture on overnight, however it is a bit uncomfortable for most people as it is sticky and may end up on your sheets by morning. For some, this is too much of an investment in time and so they prefer to try some of the faster chemical treatments even though they can be more toxic & have potentially serious side effects. These include:
- hydroquinone – An inhibitor of Melanin – Never use more than 4% – can cause skin damage
- Tretinoin – An inhibitor of Melanin – effective but causes skin to sun burn easily
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids – Removes top layers of skin including pigmentation – Physician applied only
- Monobensone – A depigmenting agent – can destroy Melanin producing cells – use with care.
- Laser treatments – can remove pigmentation – results tend to be inconsistent
- Cryosurgery – uses liquid nitrogen – kills skin cells, mellanin comes to surface,flakes off- Tends to be expensive
Our experience tells us that natural methods tend to produce much more consistent results and most people are much happier in the end. In fact there is an easy and very fast way to Get Fair Skin, whiten Skin Pigmentations, Freckles, Age Spots, Acne Marks, Dark Underarms, Melasma, or Lighten Your Overall Skin Color. Plus You can save literally thousands of dollars by making natural skin lightening preparations at home.
Source by Erin Merriweather