Holistic medicine is a type of healing that treats the whole human body, spirit, mind, and emotion in other to get optimal health and wellness. According to holistic philosophy, humans can attain optimal health. The main purpose of holistic medicine is to gain proper balance in life.
People who practice holistic medicine have the belief that the whole human body is made of an interdependent part and if one part is not effective; then all the other part will be affected. In that sense, if people have unstable [physical, spiritual, or emotional] in their lives, then it will have a negative effect on their overall health.
Essential guide to Guide to alternative and complementary medicines, including acupressure. Discover the ancient healing tricks to get rid of common ailments, including pain, blood pressure, heart diseases. Find out how to live healthier and fight health problems with home remedies.
Holistic doctors make use of almost all forms of health care, from alternative therapies to conventional medications to treat their patients. When someone who Is suffering from serious migraine headaches goes to a holistic doctor, instead of working with medications, the doctor will have a look at all the factors that may cause the person’s headache, like other health issues, stress and personal issues, diet and sleeping habits. Treatments might involve drugs which will relieve the symptoms, and other lifestyle medications will also be used which will help to prevent the headaches from showing up again.
Principles of Holistic Medicine
Holistic medicine is also believed to be related to unconditional love and support been one of the best and most powerful healer and the fact that a person is totally responsible for his health and total well-being. These are some other holistic medicine principles:
- All humans are known to have innate healing power.
- Every patient is a person and not a disease.
- Healing is totally a team work which involves both the doctor and the patient and also addresses all areas of a person’s life with the use of deferent health care practices.
- Treatment is fixing the cause of the illness, and not just alleviating the symptom.
Types Of Holistic Medicine Treatments
Holistic doctors use a deferent kind of treatment techniques to treat their patients to take full responsibility for their personal well-being and to attain optimal health. Based on the practitioners training, these might include:
- Educating patients on lifestyle changes and personal care to promote wellness.
- Other forms of therapies such as acupuncture, homeopathy, naturopathy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, and others.
- Surgical procedures and western medications
Where to Find a Holistic Provider
Naturopathic doctors, chiropractors, homeopathic doctors, doctors and doctors of osteopathy are all holistic provides. To locate a holistic practitioner in your country or area, you just have to visit their website and use the online search to search for holistic providers in your area. To locate a holistic provider in America, you just have to visit the American Holistic Medical association’s site and do your search.
Here are tips to keep in mind when choosing a holistic provider
- Don’t go to just anyone. As with all experts, we have the once who are good at their jobs and those who are not that good. So, before you make your pick, make sure to get a recommendation from people you trust or get in contact with a trustworthy health organisation and seek for good advice.
- Do your homework. You should make sure to find out everything possible when picking a holistic doctor, from their training, specialty, experience, and their association with professional organisations and hospitals affiliations. Is the doctor board certified by a credible hospital? You should also consider the doctor’s philosophy. Are they similar to yours?
- How do you feel? Make sure that you are comfortable with the doctor. Are you at ease with the doctor? Is he or she respectful towards your concerns and beliefs? Because holistic medicine is entirely all about team work, which involves both you and the doctor, so you have to be totally comfortable and respected, also make sure that the doctor is someone you will love to work with
- Appointment time. In order for the doctor to get a full picture of you as a person, you will need more than the normal 10-15 minutes most doctors give. Make sure to choose a doctor who will spend enough time with you so that they can understand you and your needs.
- Are the right questions being asked? To understand you as a whole person and not just a disease, be prepared to answer lots of questions, including questions about your diet, exercise, sleep habits, how you feel emotionally, your religious beliefs and practices, close relationships, and more. If questions like these are not being asked by the provider, he or she may not be holistic-minded.
- Treatment options. When determining a treatment approach, does the wellness plan go beyond pills? Make sure the practitioner examines all lifestyle factors, along with medical factors that could be contributing to your illness.